Quality Assurance Document
Integrity, Impartiality & Conflict of Interest
The Details below describe the policies of NSF Knight in respect to Integrity, Impartiality and Conflict of Interest.
NSF Knight and its staff shall not engage in any activities that may cause conflict with their independence, judgement and integrity in relation to their assessment activities.
NSF Knight shall provide safeguards within the organization to ensure adequate segregation of responsibilities and accountability, in the provision of assessment services by its organisation, assessment process, certification decision by a technical review committee and by continual reference to documented policies, protocols and procedures.
NSF Knight assessment activities must remain, and be seen to remain, impartial.
Consultancy or advisory services provided by an associate must never be marketed together with assessment services and there shall be no indication in marketing material (written or oral) to give the impression that the two are linked.
It is the duty of all staff within NSF Knight to ensure that no client is given the impression that the use of both consultancy and assessment services would confer an advantage. There should be no suggestion by an assessment body that a successful assessment outcome would be easily achieved or cheaper, if facilitated by the use of any specified consultancy or training services.
All parties who have a legal interest in its operation shall have access to specific information within NSF Knight. The procedures, under which NSF Knight operates, shall be administered in a non-discriminatory manner.
Typical audit process stages are:
- Contact NSF Knight and register your application; our trained staff will provide information regarding the specific audit processes.
- Audit (your local office will arrange an audit date and time to suit you).
- Address any deficiencies identified at audit and submit evidence of your actions to NSF Knight. In certain cases an on-site clearance of finding audit may apply.
- Receive your Certificate and use this to promote your business.
- NSF Knight will contact you to arrange the annual surveillance audit to maintain your certification.